Wednesday, June 8, 2022

String Beans


 I have been following Pat Sloan on Facebook...not sure how I got started doing that but she has some interesting and easy free patterns on her website....also some sew alongs that are usually easy to do as well. This one is on her website available for free ...it is called String beans and is a wonderful stash buster.  Since my stash is a lot bigger than I need it to be and the Scot in me won't let me throw fabric away I figured I could just keep on making scrappy quilts until my stash is gone....I figure in about 50 or 60 years that would do it.

Anyway, this one has a centre of 4.5 by 7.5 and all the rest are 2.5 X the width or length of the next piece to be added....done by going around the centre strip...easy-peasy.  The most difficult part of this one was finding strips in the length I wanted to add as I went along. I managed.....I followed the true scrappy procedure by not looking at what was coming next and the only real criteria I followed was not repeating the fabric in each square. So it is a real scrappy quilt and I can't wait to get at it and quilt it...probably using a panto or maybe I will free motion it all the way. Regardless of how it gets quilted I will have some more fun...life is so good!

No comments: