Thursday, June 29, 2023

Three out of four ain't bad...

This my 'flimsy" , ready to be quilted.  I sat and looked at it for a while  Not really sure how it should be quilted.  

I put it in the frame and looked at it some more waiting for inspiration to strike.

It took a while!

I think that sometimes the simplest quilting can be the best way to show case the pattern. Sooo.....I just did some circles and straight lines using rulers...the one that came with my machine and ruler work kit ..and one of the new ones that I bought in Ottawa this spring.  I'm sort of happy with the way it turned out....

What I am not happy about is the simple fact that when I started this, I did the top border a certain way and then got into the  main part of the quilt for a little bit and left it for a couple of days. Then I went back to it and finished it this am........I totally forgot how I had done the top border and the did the bottom border completely different. I am just going to have to draw this stuff out as a reminder....doh!


This is the back so you can see more of the quilting.  the other thing I realized is that doing the mitered corners I can usually get three of them perfectly done but there is always that fourth one that eludes me.  

Oh well, three out of four ain't bad...right????
 

No comments: