Monday, May 16, 2022

Rulers rock!

Before I went back to work for tax season, I participated in the Fabric Cupboard's block of the week.  I was a bit lazy about my techniques and regret not reading instructions properly....just because I've been doing this quilting thing for 40 years does not excuse me from doing my best when working on a quilt even if  it is just for fun....I wanted to diminish my stash....a monumental task, trust me....and put together another chemo quilt. I followed most of the directions with a side trip here and there and then finished it up once tax season was finished.  I put it in the frame just to get some practice since I have a quilt to do that I want to do my best on waiting in the wings.


It was also an opportunity to practice on rulers just to see how it all works.  Now that was fun and interesting. I can see why long armers are enthralled with ruler work.  It was easy to get the straight lines....I had a few wobbles here and there...usually when I moved the ruler at the wrong time...lesson learned! It also made curves a little easier although that does need more practice. I showed the back of this quilt so you could see the quilting more...my ribbon candy needs work...interestingly enough, the smaller the ribbon the better it looks....another lesson to pay attention to.  I have missed playing on my machine for the last three months...now that I am home again I will make more tops and just keep on playing...life is good!

 

No comments: