Thursday, January 11, 2024

Getting Back to basics

Just before Christmas a friend asked me to create this T-shirt quilt for his grand daughter.  Since I had never done one before I accepted the challenge.  It wasn't particularly difficult to do...a basic pattern with cornerstones and sashing and voila...a quilt.  The challenge consisted of two parts....one getting the logo or design centered on the correct backing to keep the material from stretching while being sewn. That didn't prove overly problematic.  I got the backing from Amazon and it worked very well...gave the fabric the stability it needed and I had googled how to ensure the logo was centered on the fusible webbing and cut it accordingly.  The second part was with the quilting. I had to mark a design and DD #1 had given me erasable pens for long arming and I got to use them...that worked as well.  I would like to add here that this is a project that I probably will never do again.  Not difficult just not my cup of tea...
 
 Just a little after Christmas cheer...a new ornament .


 This is a shoebox quilt.  My friend Marilyn cleaned out her orphan blocks and sent them along to me to put together a quilt for our Chemo project.  Some of the squares are hers and some are mine and a couple were created to pull it all together and finish it at the right size. DD #1 was here for Christmas and she and I played with the arrangement. It will never win a ribbon for artistry but hopefully it will make someone undergoing chemo treatment warm and realize that others care.

No comments: