Friday, November 10, 2023

Chemo Quilt finished...

This quilt came out a little darker than it actually is.  It is all batiks...excluding the backing.  I started yarn rug hooking a few weeks ago...one of those bucket list things and have been meeting with other rug-hookers on Monday afternoons.  One of the ladies there had mentioned a friend going through Chemo and I gave her one of the quilts from the SVQG chemo project. In return she donated this....a kit she had purchased and decided she would never finish.
I gratefully accepted and brought it home.  Today I finished it.....it is now quilted and bound and ready to go to another....I would hazard a guess that it should go to a man since it has become rather masculine in its look.  To that end I put a blue backing.  IN the picture below I turned over the back so you could see the quilting a little better. 

 I've become a little obsessed with making chemo quilts.....not just because it is my nature to be obsessive about some things it is mostly because I am overwhelmed to hear about the number of people going through the big C.....I don't quite know if it is an age thing or it is a regional thing. Regardless, I just hope that those that receive these quilts know that even strangers care.

No comments: