Saturday, October 24, 2020

Another lesson learned!

I learned another couple of lessons with this quilt...another one for our Chemo project ...that is ....yay!...going ahead with a couple of protocols we are to follow.  I posted the before picture which is this one and the after which is the next one.  Now on to the lessons I learned....

One....when you decide how you want to quilt the squares...it wouldn't hurt to be absolutely certain how you want it to look.  I did the first four squares and realized I wanted an bit more quilting in them and made the changes...that I stuck to....in the next ones.

Lesson number two....pay attention to the quarter inch edges so that when you quilting your pattern you won't lose some of it when you bind it.

Not real major issues but if I want to master this long arming then I had best pay attention.

Again, I am absolutely enthralled with this machine.  I oiled it and cleaned it and replaced the needle ( I had already done three quilts with it) so it performed beautifully. It is amazing to quilt one handed and sometimes with just a finger tip....so smooth.  

Life is good!


 

No comments: