Friday, September 25, 2020

The last one.....

This is the last of the quilts I had waiting to be quilted before I got the Q24.....I wanted to be a little more comfortable with the machine and how to quilt the way I wanted before doing this one.  Not sure why I waited to do this one because I still have no real use for quilts this size.  This is one of those fractured panel techniques and though I do like it a lot , it really should be hung up to do it justice or be used and I really have no use for it.

I decided to draw a pattern on a 8 X 8 piece of paper and translate that design as an all over pattern on this quilt.  I learned that I really prefer to quilt smaller designs rather than big swooping loops and I really need to practice keeping within parameters that I either assign or the pattern calls for. Still have a way to go.  DD # 1 sent me some pantos that I like so now I have to piece another top so I can play with the pantogram part...haven't done that yet mainly because I am not crazy about the panto that came with the kit....no excuses now.  She also sent me some rulers to try....a little nervous about that but will persevere.


On an aside...this little fellow has been hanging around our feeders. He is a juvenile cardinal and is slowly turning that brilliant red.  His beak is still black but we expect it to mature and turn orange. He is actually bigger than his momma but when she is around he demands she feed him.....time for him to fly the coop!!

This is one of those times I wish I knew more about that expensive camera DH bought me ages ago. (I really could take the time and learn about it but there are quilts that need to be pieced and quilted).  The sun was coming up and it was a big orange ball in the sky...this picture does not do it justice....decided to share anyway...that's how I roll.....cheers.

1 comment:

junepaulette said...

So very beautiful and serene - both your quilt and your Home Sweet Home. Thank you for sharing this.
June