Thursday, July 2, 2020

My new Acquisition

 I am not dealing with buyer's remorse but I sure am dealing with buyer's guilt.  Such an expensive toy but damn!! she sure is pretty.  As you can see I haven't even taken the tag off yet.  A lovely couple, Kate and Edward came yesterday in that hot, humid heat and set her up for me.  Kate stayed a little longer and helped me put my first piece to quilt in the machine and gave me some wonderful help and advice (Kate's open Quilt Studio in Shediac Bridge if you are wondering....worth a trip over). 



 This is myQ24 by Bernina with a 12 foot frame...I can quilt a 108" quilt by however long I want.  Yahoo.  It glides over the fabric like a dream.  I got hooked on wanting a long arm after playing on my DD's in Ottawa...it is so much fun and challenging at the same time. Here you can see the pantogram set up.  I'm not crazy about the panto that comes with it but we shall see. I also got the ruler plate so when I get a little more proficient I will play with that.  Can't wait!!
This is what I did first...just to practice...learned a lot in a matter of minutes....most of all to try and be more consistent in a pattern...did a bunch of different things just to get a feel for the machine. With the exception of that lack of consistency it turned out very well...stitches smooth and even. Hindsight always 20/20, I should have planned in advance rather than just leave it to serendipity. Now I don't know what I am going to do with this table topper/cloth...if you're interested, pm or message me...



As an extra...look at these gorgeous peonies and irises.  The smell from the peonies is amazing...goes right through the house...love it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations. That’s awesome. I’m envious. Gail Mitchell

Lorette said...

You'll have a ball... congratulations...