Saturday, August 15, 2020

Lovin' My Toy

 I put this quilt in the frame of my Bernina Q24 this morning.  Took about 20 minutes to put the backing on, cut out the batting and baste around the top of the quilt and then I just had some fun trying to perfect my curves, circles and remembering to look where I was heading. It takes practice and I still need lots of it. Sure was fun, though. I took a break and then went back to it in the afternoon and finished quilting.  Put the binding on by machine after supper.   I have been a hand quilter pretty well all my quilting time and doing it by machine is really difficult for me.  I went by the premise that there should not be a bigger section than 1 and a half to two inches not quilted when quilting by hand to ensure the batt remains secured. I have noticed on a lot of machine quilted quilts that is not the case . I am not really sure how I feel about that as you can see by the closeness of my quilting. I will either loosen up some or keep that quilting that way.....will be interesting to see .


I am also looking forward to doing some ruler work....I did get the kit with the Q24 so I should get myself a couple of rulers and have a go. I am still completely enthralled with this new toy....just have to get some more tops done so I can play.....

1 comment:

Love Of Quilts said...

I like the colors in this one!