Wednesday, November 6, 2019

Another machine quilt

When I first read the instructions for my mid arm frame on how to put a quilt in I followed them to the letter. Of course, being a "let's push the envelope" type of person I just had to see if I could circumvent the instructions...just a little bit.  Well...with this quilt I learned why I should not do that.  There is a reason for having your backing at least six inches wider all around and while I was quilting on this one I found out why.  And though I hate to admit it, the Scot in me was trying to not waste fabric as well.  I was able to fudge it some on the left side since I could use my right hand to work the machine and my left to steady the fabric.  Not so much on the right side, especially since my left hand is not working to full capacity these days.  I broke a couple of needles and got a few puckers.......all on the right side of this quilt.  That will teach me!  It looks OK but it could look a lot better if I had just paid attention to instructions. I guess you shouldn't teach an old dog new tricks.  I will keep on trying to manage this machine quilting thing...especially since I am still having fun!

1 comment:

Love Of Quilts said...

You make beautiful quilts so keep on keeping on with your frame work.