Saturday, July 27, 2019

something To Show

Just had to show off a little.  These are the batiks I bought at various stores in Newfoundland this past June.  Some were under 10 dollars and the rest were around 12to 14...good prices and the best part was getting the light batiks...sometimes hard to find.








That is not the main reason for posting tonight.  I sewed the last border on this quilt top tonight.....I did the four outside borders by hand and then sewed them onto the main part by machine.  The rest of the top is hand appliqued and hand pieced.  I was aiming for accuracy and find that comes when I hand piece. Now I have to decide how to mark this thing and hand quilt it.  It will go on our bed since it is 96 by 96 square and that makes the best size for a queen sized bed.  I will be binding it in the same dark blue of the inner border.  This quilt is called "Tulip Time" and is a free pattern ...I think it is on Northcott website...I'll have to check that to make sure.  Cheers...


2 comments:

Shonnie said...

Your quilt is gorgeous!

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

your quilt is stunning and beautifully finished.