Saturday, June 8, 2019

It has been a While!

It's been a while since I posted....when I checked the last date I did post it was sometime in March....that's what happens when you take a part time job that completely fills your time...so much so , that I didn't get any quilting or sewing done until after mid May.  Oh the horrors!

This is what I am working on now.  It is a free pattern from Kaufman called Tulip Time.  It's an oldie since the whole pattern is for templates only....now how many quilt patterns call for templates these days (excluding applique of course).  My guild is doing the same pattern as the "Guild Quilt"  a project they do every year in order to sell the quilt or raffle it on tickets if it does not sell before starting the next one.

I decided that I wanted a quilt to sew by hand so I traced all the templates and using the old dot to dot method of hand piecing got to work.  This is the first 'corner' . I have all the diamonds for the centre done and all the triangles to set together when the corners are done. Only three more corners  to go.  Then I have to hand sew the stars that go in the borders. I will also be quilting this one by hand.  I try to do at least one project by hand each year. I am quick when it comes to piecing by machine and things have a way of piling up. This way I can slow myself down a little.

I've missed the quilting...I love the methodical way of putting together all the pieces and having something of beauty to show for it. I will probably be quilting when I kick the bucket...it will be a good way to go.


No comments: