Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Inspiration!

 Sometimes you need  a little boot in the butt to find some inspiration to get you all excited about your favourite hobby.   I got mine a couple of weeks ago.  I bought a Grace mid arm quilting frame.  Of course, then I needed a machine since I had decided I didn't want to use my Pfaff on the frame.  I bought a Husgvarna Topaz 50..an embroidery machine that actually has more features than my Pfaff.....so guess where my Pfaff is now working....you got it. 

Anyway, I also decided it was time to either get rid of some older fabrics or do something with them...well you get the picture.  I cut my 40 two and one-half strips WOF and made a couple of jelly rolls.  This is one of them all together...the second one is waiting its turn.

 I then put it in my quilting frame and learned a lot about machine quilting and how to maximize this frame.  Just so you know, when it works ...it works very well, but there is definitely a learning curve.  I have a few buckles, a couple of empty spots and a few (read a lot) threads I had to cut off. But I am very pleased with my first attempt.  It will.....when it is bound......go into the Chemo Project I take care of at my Quilt guild. I made my jelly roll 50" by 70" and although it is a little dark...some of the fabrics are really pretty. It can go to a man or a woman  and hopefully they will be happy to know someone cares.
I also learned that my machine does NOT like Superior thread.  It kept breaking( along with the five needles I used) so I switched to Guterman(sic) thread and my machine behaved it self very well....good thing , because I was getting very discouraged.

I may not show this machine quilting attempt at "show & tell" but it will definitely go to the clinic to be used by whomever has a need and that makes it a feel good day.

No comments: