Sunday, March 3, 2019

Miniatures

I've come to the conclusion that I have too many quilts....what! how can you have too many quilts, you say! ...well you can!  I have at least a dozen quilts for each bed in this house and that is a shade ridiculous.  What is a girl supposed to do when she still wants to make quilts....make miniatures , of course.  This is an applique mini....using the back basting applique technique...my absolute favourite.  Now...after taking a photo...I realize I should have taken more care in balancing my colour placement.   I was more concerned with keeping the wreath squares balanced and overlooked the predominence of the reds. I still like it but it could have been more balanced colour-wise.  Not sure what I am going to do with this...probably will adorn my sewing room somewhere...unless someone expresses an interest and I can either sell it or give it away....
Now, this mini, I know exactly what and where I am going to place this one.  the squares are six inches finished  and the puppies tickle my fancy...they will definitely adorn my sewing room.(It was a Fat Cat Pattern...love that Sindy Rodenmayer)

I have a bunch more mini's that I can add to the collection.. Wonder if I will become  obsessed with mini's as I did and do with quilts...after all , I am working on a cathedral window...got 17 (15 inch) squares done and only 8 more to do before I can put it together...I have only been working on that for two years.

2 comments:

Linda H said...

Love them both Gail! Nothing wrong with smaller quilts!

Barb said...

Oh...I just love your minis