Thursday, June 1, 2023

cute little project


We took a little trip to Ottawa to visit our DD # 1 since she has a birthday in May it seemed like the perfect time to visit. Plus I wanted to see her puppy again who is now over a year old...a beautiful Australian Shepard....supposedly a miniature American Aussie...although he is turning out to be a big boy.

While there I noticed in her sewing area that she had several of these small project bags....all with small hand work projects (I have said it before and will probably say it again...acorn...tree). I really liked them so she gave me her pattern and today I made myself one.  Easy peasey....so much so , that  I will probably make more.  It took about two hours...from start (choosing fabric) to finish(filling it with a little hand project....hexies). 

I love visiting my daughters....one quilts ( DD # 1 )  and DD # 2 is a knitter. DD #2 took me to a really amazing yarn shop....gorgeous yarns and an owner that was incredibly knowledgeable about patterns and yarns. She and DH got into a great discussion about the Bay of Fundy , keeping him occupied while I found some beautiful yarn. ( A method to her madness much appreciated). A good trip all around....might do it again this fall...

No comments: