Friday, May 19, 2023

I'm Back!

It is not the best picture....too much sun at my back...you'd think it would be the ideal condition but no...cast too many shadows.   If you are wondering ....it is a handkerchief quilt. Handkerchiefs are folded to look like a butterfly. I was supposed to embroider feelers at the top of each one but that seemed like just too much effort.  It will go into the pile of comfort quilts that are on a table in my'studio'.

I enjoyed quilting this one....mainly because it had been a long while since I was in my happy place at the long arm.  I had been back at work since late February and ended the tax  season after the first week of May. It is hard to get back into the rhythm of machine quilting when you haven't done it for a while. There is a certain amount of learned behavior to playing with a quilting machine...sort of an automatic movement involved. I often will put pencil to paper and mimic the strokes on paper that I wish to create on fabric....seems to almost teach the hands to follow through without any real thought. I found my movements this time a little jerky instead of moving along easily.  More practise is required....not that I will mind that.

About this quilt.....it was about 20 years ago...my heavens where does the time go...that a friend at Charlotte County Quilters gave me a box of traditional pieces...you may remember the Dresden plates of a few posts ago....it was the same lady that gave me the box of handkerchiefs....so this is another PHD (Projects Half Done). I have more that need doing....I will get to them......
 

No comments: