Friday, September 20, 2019

obsess much?

I was obliged to clean out our furnace room...( we upgraded our heat pump and furnace since both were making really weird noises) and lo and behold I found three  quilt tops just begging to be quilted...I remember doing them a long time ago and putting them away for future quilting....well I guess this is their future.  I actually enjoyed quilting this one...no broken needles....no pulled thread and everything just moved along so smoothly...still need practise as I often realized I should have gone down instead of up or across instead of back... Looks ok....and hopefully it will be accepted into our cuddle quilt program at guild.


Now this quilt is a different matter...it will eventually go to our chemo quilt program but just to let you know a little of its history.....DD # 2 brought me 20 odd row by row patterns she had collected for me throughout Massachusetts . I dug them out the other day and started putting them together...not sure how many I will actually make but they will all go to the chemo quilt program.   I really like the third from the top...it says wherever you go...walk with a friend...I may do that one again.  The theme for that year was "On the Go".   I will probably put this one in the frame this weekend...it's much bigger than the one above and may prove more difficult to quilt since I am still dealing with tendonitis in my left wrist and have no strength in my hand....makes it difficult to roll .....

No comments: