Friday, May 11, 2018

Doin' Some applique

I'm a big fan of Fat Cat Patterns and Sindy Rodenmayer....she is amazingly talented.  Her current FREE Block of the month is "Gnome for Christmas" and this is block four.
 Here's what I have ready so far.  I've picked out the fabrics I am going to use for borders and background...the 'innards' of the squares will , of course, be scrappy.  Nothing excites me more than a scrappy quilt.
Walking by the quilt frame I snapped this picture in  a hurry and here's what happened. You're not drunk, the picture is blurry. I'm in the process of quilting Reminiscence ....about time, sez me!
 This is Sindy's Alphabet...the one I started last year at a quilting retreat...finally finished quilting it. I bound it ...scrappily , of course....last week....
and used the X for my label. It is going to Newfoundland , this summer to my great-niece, Julia.  I promised it to her last year and finally got it done.   Hope she likes it.

1 comment:

Barb said...

Oh, I love what you are doing, the alphabets are fabulous and the first quilt...ummm ummmmmm fantastic.