Saturday, January 15, 2022

A Plethera of Errors...

It's been a while since I made a bed sized quilt for myself(and DH). I really don't know what appealed to me about this one but it did. It is a disappearing four patch and relatively simple to do. Which does not explain the number of rookies errors I made when piecing this. If you look closely enough you can find spaces where the squares did not align...I know how to do that and why I wasn't more careful is a mystery to me.  AND then, when I was measuring the outside borders one side buckled terribly on me....I mean, really, it is not like I haven't measured borders and made them fit properly a time or two.
Then to add insult to injury when I was quilting on the long arm, I made a few errors there as well.....I know where they are and will probably see them evertime I look at this quilt.

Plus it is one of the widest quilts I have ever made for myself....I could have easily balanced it out properly and kept it within my preferred quilt size....this one is 102" wide and 88" long....a weird combination.. Truth be told I like a quilt for a queen sized bed to be 96 X 96...drapes very nicely and is certainly long enough plus a same pattern square quilt can be turned each time to save on possible wear and tear........we shall see how this one makes out.  I just noticed that the blue and white batik doesn't really fit with the other batiks.....damn....maybe I should just start over......not bloody likely!!!
 

No comments: