Sunday, November 8, 2020

Can't seem to stop myself!

I used to hate to see my Hinterberg hand quilting frame empty when I was a rabid hand quilter.  I always felt there should be 'one on the go'..all the time.  Now when I walk by my Q24 and it is empty that same feeling of "I just have to put a quilt in there" is somewhat overwhelming.......sooooo, I put this top together to go in the frame probably Tuesday since I have to go to work tomorrow.  It's interesting that when you take a picture and have a good look you can see things that you should have known better to do.  Example: on the left side, the coloured outlined nine patch of light blue just doesn't look right.....it fades too much compared to the jewel tones I used; and then, I put it with the most prominent outline colours in the quilt in the same row....these are rookie mistakes. I should have balanced my colours a little bit better...in my defense I was too busy putting it together to go in the frame so I could do some more fun to do free motion that I got a little careless.  There is no doubt in my mind that everyone will see this and complain that "she" should have done better.  My next one will be improved, I promise.
 

No comments: