Saturday, January 9, 2016

now I can show you!

 I made a few things for my firstborn since she is a quilter and could use these projects, I am sure.  This is a scissor holder...for your larger type scissors...those that you would smack someone up the side of the head if they used for paper....right?....
 Ironically this picture shows the Paper scissors I put in just to show what I meant....maybe I should refer to the holder as one for paper not fabric scissor holder....nah, just kidding!  I made one for myself this morning and it didn't turn out half as nice as this one....
This is a thread holder...it was adapted from the original pattern since DD # 1 is much like her mother and uses cones instead of small spools.  I also used a mesh instead of plastic
 If you are wondering...the red stripes are actually zippered pockets.....so she can have some cone space and some spool space.
Now this project was interesting.... it is to carry gadgets...scissors, rotary cutter, pencils, thimbles,  etc....to any class she is going to.  Since she is quite the retreat lady she could probably use it.  I made it with the dog bone fabric since she is a puppy lover , too....
 I also used plastic in this project...at the top part and at the centre and side.  I like this one and may end up making one for myself eventually.
Our DD # 2 came home for Christmas and she was knitting herself a pair of socks...without a pattern no less...she has surpassed her momma for sure.  Here she  is with her faithful companion, Tigger.....who is supposed to be MY dog but the minute DD# 2 walks in the door , I do not exist.
I am trying to finish up PHD"s (projects half done) and this one was really bugging me.  I made it  last year for my great-niece who will be a year old in February but just couldn't get the gumption to finish machine quilting it.  Enough was enough....it was time so....here it is all done...now I have to get it in the mail off to Newfoundland. Let's hope another year does not go by before I get it mailed.....

No comments: