Wednesday, February 24, 2021

Oh My Feathers!

Wow, two posts in two days...must be a record for me.  I started cleaning up my studio(fancy word for craftroom) this morning and came across this embroidery I did way back in January of last year. I put it aside since I didn't quite know what I was going to do with it.  Fact is, I still don't....
Regardless, I decided I would use up some scrap batting and quilt it in my fancy long arm.  Feathers called my name and away I went.  I don't know what it is about quilting feathers but I just love doing it free hand. I did so much feathering it kind of overwhelmed the embroidery.   Mind you these two pictures are taken on an angle so you can see the feathers.....
 

 here is a picture taken straight on so you can see the embroidery and not just feathers.  Still not sure what I am going to do with this.  My original thought was a sofa pillow but I have no idea where I can get the pillow form to fit. I'll just put it in the "to do" pile and see what transpires.

No comments: