Saturday, April 28, 2018

Not Consistent

 When I signed into my blog I noticed that I hadn't posted since sometime in March......I guess you could say I am not very consistent.  I think about blogging...even write them in my head and then I just forget about it...I'm easily distracted.  Ah well...life is what it is. 

I went to the Villa Madonna on retreat last week and it was great....up to a point. 
I loved the sewing time, the company and  without doubt...the food!  I had this all ready to be put together...at least that is what I thought.  When it came time to put the squares all together ...in order , mind you....I discovered that I had not done one...ONE damn square!  When I looked at it all more closely I remembered that square...it was extremely similar...almost identical to the previous square , so much so that I thought I had already done it and threw it aside(too bad I didn't put it in the carry box for this project). Well the ladies saved my bacon...one had some extra reds and one had some extra white to match some of my whites. I had already taken some extra cornerstones and sashing ...just in case I screwed up. Anyway...my 150 Canadian Women is done and ready for the longarm quilting. I am not hand quilting this one....too many seams for my liking. If you haven't done this project...no problem it can be involved...but I would strongly recommend you read about these women...it makes you proud to be, not only a woman, but a Canadian woman at that.


This is the second project I did...my 2017 Row by Row experience.  I went light in the sashings this year.  Not sure how I feel about that.  The row on the upper right sticks out like a sore thumb but the extra row that I had was one that went cross ways and couldn't substitute for it. I should have used softer colours in that row. If I had looked at the whole project instead of the individual rows I might have caught that but as it is, it was fun to do.

I've had this next  project since 2004. It was a Christmas gift from a good friend who has since passed away. She knew how much I loved wolves. I kept looking at it and feeling a little intimidated by it kept putting it away. I brought it with me to the Villa thinking I would solicit some help if it got away from me.  Well, I finished the two projects above and was really at loose ends with a day and a half to fill. I won't say it was easy but it certainly wasn't the difficult project I thought it would be. Mind you I didn't read the instructions carefully enough and sewed all the borders on before I realized they were to be sewn on AFTER the wonder under pieces.  After "unsewing" and resewing with the picture all
finished, I "got'er done!"


2 comments:

GailM. said...

Awesome. I love your row by row. I would have not noticed the darker row from the photo. Looks great to me...

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

I do the same thing about blogging. I even take pics thinking they will make a great blog post, but then my attention is thrown to something else. But you have been busy so you have a great excuse. Love your row by row.
xx, Carol