Saturday, May 9, 2015

Love new things....

This is the first of my new things..... a couple of days ago a FB friend posted a link to a website that featured the tutorial to make this thingy.....not sure what to call it... but it works great.  The url  to get the tutorial is:    http://so-sew-easy.com/non-slip-sewing-machine-foot-pedal-pad/    if you are interested in making one.
Here it is showing the pedal resting up against the stopper.  by the way, it works really well. now I have to make another one for my 'go to class" machine.  They work up very quickly...took about 10 minutes from start to finish and I did the stopper by hand....
This is the second one....DD # 2 is moving apartments in Edmonton and did a purging so she wouldn't have to move everything.  She found some odds and ends she thought DH and I might like...wonderful lotions and pins she had collected(DH is the pin collector...we won't discuss how many he has) plus  some neat things...like this little thing...it is called a needle
holder which surprised me since she is not what you would call a sewing person.
Here it is separated...magnetic of course and you attach it wherever you wish and it holds needles like the one I attached to show you what I mean. I have been using it now ever since I got it...to be totally honest, I don't know how I ever did without one...so convenient. especially for this here hand sewer.

2 comments:

Colleen said...

At this point in my life, where I am seriously downsizing for a costly move, I just laughed. Really? Pins and a needle keeper? Where's the big stuff like a collection of vinyl records that weigh a ton but are a symbol of your entire life. Seriously though, I wish I had more discipline in my younger years and it wouldn't be so hard now. Lucky you for being the beneficiary.

GailM. said...

Oh my, these are both amazing ideas. Thanks for the link.