Monday, November 3, 2014

a skiff of snow

Day one....the fog just kind of hovered over the valley ...made for one of those days you just like to snuggle next to a warm fire with a cup of tea and a good book.  Didn't last long...burned off by the afternoon.
 Day two, early in the morning.  Such gorgeous sunsets and sunrises around here.  This one DH too since I am the slug-a-bed around here.  Seven am is too early for me...
aaaaaaaand...here is today.  A skiff of snow. As you can see we were caught unawares as the forecast had called for rain and wind.  Well, we did get that but then last night it turned cold and this is what we got this morning.   I guess we are just going to have to break down and put the Barbie away...should fill up that bird feeder , too.







This is what I did last night.  Made two Ipad bags to send out to Alberta for the Quilt Canada 2015 being held in Lethbridge.
Each year the CQA requests something hand made for each of their delegates attending the conference and this year it is the I Pad carrier.  The pattern is available to CQA members and can be found on their website.  Wasn't a difficult pattern to follow and now that I've made a couple I may make one for myself...may make some changes for mine,though.....

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photos of Sussex. Such a nice city!
Your Ipad covers turned out very nice. Lovely choice if fabrics. Lucy

Love Of Quilts said...

Snow already. I am not sure where you live. We haven't had snow here but another part of TN has.

Lorna McMahon said...

Hello! Dropping in from Blogathon Canada. Lovely work on those ipad totes! Nice to meet you!

Kate said...

Love those IPad bags!! I'm visiting from SK where we have no snow yet in our community.

Linda H said...

Hi Gail
Thanks for taking part in the Blogathon today- hope you get lots of visitors! Great Ipad covers! And you KNOW I love your owl quilt... as I do all your handquilted quilts... swoon... :)