Monday, September 8, 2014

Whoo Knows .... It's done!

Here it is...Whoo Knows, designed by Sindy Rodenmayer of Fat Cat Patterns .  A block of the month she started 18 months ago.  I find it very interesting that the colours are so off.  The black is much  darker and the greens are not nearly as light.  The light shades look almost white and they are beige and taupe....FYI...that's Tigger's paw you see on the left of the picture.  She has to inspect everything I do.  Maybe she feels a special affinity to this quilt since a couple of days ago she ate several pieces of fabric I had cut for the second last owl I was working on. She loves fabric...I know have to put everything I am working on in a plastic box.  Silly Tigger!!

I went to a quilt show in Carsonville. It was held in a little church that had a plaque commemorating the 1967 centennial...the church was actually over 100 years old then and it is still in use.  Amazing!  This picture is of a wool and flax quilt  ...over 100 years old and made from flax and wool harvested at the owner's farm. It looked brand new and very obviously well cared for.

These two quilts were also made in the late 1800's and are beautifully maintained  . Sure do love to see quilts that have been so very loved and appreciated.
This was also interesting to me. I'm not sure which one they were referring to but one of these is the top part of a wedding dress(circa late 1800's). The skirt was cut off....presumably to make the christening gown to the left.  They really knew how to recycle back then...
 Here's my "Oh Canada" all machine quilted and bound.  I learned a lot machine quilting this.  I could make a list for you of the lessons I learned but I won't bore you. Suffice it to say, when things are going well and I'm "in the groove" it is a lot of fun.  When things are not going so well, the air has been known to turn blue...even Tigger runs away.

1 comment:

Sue said...

Lovely Gail.... Both of them. Are you putting anything in our show this year. Our shows are back to back!!