Sunday, November 10, 2013

A whole month has gone by!

I made one of these a couple of years ago and was not completely pleased with the results.  Sooooo, this past Wednesday I took a class with one of our guild members and I learned why my first attempt didn't work...if all else fails read the instructions or ask someone who has done it successfully before. I haven't quite decided whether or not I will make an octagon tree skirt or just quilt this as is and use it as a table cloth.  Probably will do the tree skirt thing...the fabrics are all Christmas so that would work plus I am tired of the one I have been using...time for a change.
I just finished this wall hanging tonight. I used the no hand sew binding technique...it is sooo convenient and gives such a nice finish.....mind you it cut off a few tips...ah well, perfection was never my forte...















I've also been working on this project.  I started it in April at a quilt retreat...got the centre done and then sort of lost interest.  (Take that to mean I didn't want to do the paper piecing and calculating required to do the other squares...lazy bugger, me!)
Well, DH went away for a few days so I bit the bullet and got at it.  Worked up faster than I expected and now I'm appliqueing the outside borders..That I don't mind doing...I watch Doctor Who reruns, Walking Dead marathons and only peek up every now and then...that way I don't have to watch the scary or yucky parts....


 Faith gave us a little scare this week. she had a petit-mal seizure. Rushed her to the vet, and wouldn't you know it, she was perfectly fine at the Vet's however, his diagnosis determined it was either chemically induced or genetic....and since she was too old for epilepsy and her lineage is (in our opinion) perfect we decided it was chemical. the only change was her expensive new canine toothpaste. I could not believe the list of chemicals in the toothpaste especially after comparing  the ingredients in the toothpaste I bought from the vet.  There are no regulations for animal products and it was a scary moment for us. It really makes me angry that anyone can make a claim and expose our pets to crap. I will be more careful from now on, I assure you...

No comments: