Monday, November 14, 2022

Dresdens galore!

It started because of this little beauty. It is six inches is size and was one of the "shoebox" squares that I was trying to incorporate into quilts.  It didn't quite fit so I put it aside.  Our Quilt Guild quilt has Dresden Plates in it, which ignited the motivation to do 'something' so I hauled this out of the box and started doing some plates of various sizes.  I sewed them by hand...can't sit in front of a tv and NOT do something  so this worked out very well.
Here is the quilt all together and quilted...that was fun.....I had choices as how to quilt each size plate...had a few filler spots that were fun to free motion in. I used some rulers and lots of free motion ...so needless to say it was a fun quilt to do.
This quilt was given to me by MW to keep me occupied at a time when I had nothing in the frame .....she knows how much I hate that . It is crib quilt size and I, again , used rulers to play.  I love how it turned out.....it has movement.  Not sure if you can see the quilting pattern if you  click on it  and enlarge you can see the quilting.

I was searching for a wall hanging I felt like putting up this morning and found a 'flimsie' that needs a couple of borders and it will be the right size.  Not sure when I did it.....it was using the coffee filter technique so you can be sure it was quite a while ago.  I will just have to finish it and see how that ends up being quilted.
 

No comments: