Saturday, August 27, 2022

A row by row Done!


 I can't remember when the actual row by row was held....I do know it was a least 3 to 4 years ago since Covid put a halt to shop hopping for patterns.  Regardless, this one was about music, obviously.....as you can see some of the merchants were serious and some were whimsical.  four of them are local (New Brunswick quilt shops) and the other four are from the U.S. and, of course, Ontario.....My main sources of patterns. I love the Stompin' Tom, it came from the Town and Country Quilt shop in Quispamsis...the RCMP ride is from Karen Neary at Mrs.Pugsley's Quilt Emporium in Amherst, NS. the Beatle album cover depiction is from a quilt shop in ONtario...DD # 1 will remember for me since I cannot. Those were my favourites , not only to do but sort of fit with my life style.....married to a RCMP retiree, Love Country and Western music and , of course, loved the Beatles growing up,  their early stuff before they went all psychadelic  on us.

.  I have a whole bunch more that I can do...not the music ones but some of the other themes.  I read somewhere that they (not sure who they are) are planning on having the row by row experience started again..  I have a feeling we won't see much of it in the maritimes since just about every quilt shop vendor that I spoke with found the return on their efforts did not meet the expectations and was too costly. Small shops really cannot afford the output...at least not these days. Plus there was a lot of people not actually visiting the shops and swapping patterns which really defeated the purpose of the whole idea. Hardly fair!


No comments: