Friday, July 29, 2022

Feathers and fun!

I have no name for this one...saw a picture on Pinterest and drafted the pattern and did the calculations. It was also a fat quarter friendly pattern and since I had loads of fat quarters to use it was time.  I tried to make sure there were no repeats of fabric but that didn't quite work out.  It was an absolute blast to quilt.  I used my new rulers, a ruler that came with the Q24 and , of course, the rulers my DD # 1 "lent" me. Ha!, she thinks she's getting them back...teehee!
As a fanatic for feathers I was enjoying the circles and the feathers and just plugging away to finish and bind it. When I laid it out to trim the edges I got a pleasant surprise....a secondary design with my quilting choice. It was the feathers around the pinwheel that I had concentrated on and when I looked carefully...voila and there it was, another pattern around the cornerstones....BONUS!



 Here it is folded and laid on top of "I love my Dog"....now I think I want to keep this one too.....nah! it will find a home with a family in need at the Transition house...that will make me feel even better..

No comments: