Thursday, July 7, 2022

I love my Dog!

I normally don't do panels...I never know how to display them....I did a couple of fractured panels and really didn't enjoy the process. However, sometimes it is the right motivation when something just says "you gotta do this one"....I saw it in the Covered Bridge Quiltery in Moncton....actually saw a cat one first and asked if they had a dog panel......yahoo! they did. After losing Tigger to the rainbow bridge it kind of hit home...sure do miss that little wild child....

I sat down with pencil and paper and after measuring and deciding on the fabric I had purchased to compliment the panel I came up with this plan.....I was going to applique some puppy paw prints for fussy cutting the  cornerstones but while searching for a beigey kind of fabric I came across  a meter of fabric I had purchased a few years ago...mainly because it had Shetland Sheepdogs in it....for some reason it is very hard to find Shelties in dog fabric...not sure why...Anyway, this came in handy so I fussy cut some dogs and voila a quilt was born.

Now I have to put it in the frame and ponder how to quilt it.  No doubt I will be using rulers again and ,probably some fmq.....regardless of how it turns out, I think I will keep this one...maybe a foreboding of what is in my future,,,fingers crossed.

No comments: