Wednesday, August 25, 2021

Playing with Rulers

I had some fun using a ruler with this quilt....nothing fancy ....just using a straight edge to make sure the edge was straight....in the ditch.  I went around all the black and in some places it wasn't quite a straight as I would have liked but it was a start.  Not so intimidated of the ruler edge now....learned slower is better and keep the ruler still.
And of course I had to put some feathers in...my absolute favourite thing to do on the long arm.  I also discovered that if your borders are not "perfect" the machine will let you know.....I thought I had measured properly and sewed properly but guess what...nope , didn't do it....and you cannot "just quilt it out".........always learning new things.   Next quilt is going to have one of my new pantograms....can't wait!!
 

No comments: