Saturday, June 6, 2020

It's been a while since I last posted...been working and now tax season is at an end so I am home again and able to get back to my favourite past time.

The last post I made was about the scrappy houses sew along from the Fabric Cupboard in Moncton and here is my version. I made it 50 by 70 to fit the Chemo project at our guild....but  now even that is by the wayside in light of Covid-19.  Not sure if we will ever be able to donate quilts again...our lives have changed so much.

The charcoal stripes are supposed to represent the streets. It was kind of fun to do ...now it needs to be quilted.  
I needed something to get me back in the groove of sewing again...not to mention free motion quilting. so I made some place mats and played with the FMQ on my Husqavarna machine. Not hard to tell I haven't been at the machine for a while.  Practice, practice and even more practice is needed....good thing I am home now....