Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Catching Up!

 About eleven years ago we moved here to Sussex. At the time I didn't know any other quilters and wasn't quite ready to join a guild so I set about organizing my stash. I read a Bonnie Hunter blog ....the absolute greatest stash buster quilter out there....and she posted about cutting her fabric into strips of various sizes.  II thought "why not" and got to cutting...and cutting and cutting. I put the fabric strips into labelled baskets and over the years both depleted and added to them. I am very grateful for that now that I have a new project on the go.


My scrappy top will be the most scrappiest I have ever done since I am not co-ordinating anything...a nightmare for one of my quilting buddies at guild.

I joined the Fabric Cupboard's Coronavirus isolation time's sew along called "village".  I have seen some postings and just about everyone was way ahead of me.  Since I am self-isolating from work because I have the flu...not covid...just the ordinary cold turned into flu ...I really didn't feel up to sewing anything (except a couple of cloth face masks in case I needed to go for groceries). Today I feel a whole bunch better so sat myself down at the machine and made some little houses...all without chimneys as of yet.  Maybe I will make a couple with chimneys tomorrow.  I have another week of isolation before I go back to work and the quilt needs 132 houses...only 122 left to go.  Should be interesting to see how many I can get done before I am back at work. 

Stay at home everyone and if you have to go out distance yourself...especially for now.....
Cheers.

1 comment:

Trish said...

That is a good project, I too keep up with Bonnie. Do you do her mystery quilts. I haven't seen you post any, just wondering.