Saturday, February 8, 2020

I love my Dog!


 If you have been reading my blog then you know how anxiously I have been awaiting the arrival of a bolt of batting from B.C. (not gonna do that again). Well after waiting two months , it arrived two days ago. So excited!  got down on my arthritic knees and cut some batting and put a quilt in the frame...all is well, right?  Nope!  not a chance in hell.  My Tigger...my cute, innocent eyed little Sheltie is a nutbar!...she has eaten fabric before....I won't tell you about the full length of quilt batt and backing that she ate...that is a story in itself.

  We have all kinds of snippets...(despite my efforts to keep bits and pieces of fabric away from her.)..all over the lawn that has been pooped out by  you know who.  I even found a needle and thread hanging from her mouth one day and rescued it.  I did talk to the vet about it and she said the acid in her stomach would destroy the needle but the thread was the scary part because it could tie up her organs and kill her. Well, now it seems that she likes to eat quilt batt too.  I had the bolt standing on the floor and last night I heard some strange noises coming from the crafty part of our basement. I should have gotten up to check right away but ...my fault...I didn't.  She had a great chew. Needless to say I said some bad words....but as DH says "you can't blame a dog for being a dog"...wonder if you can get help for a weird nut job dog. I love my dog, I love my dog.....


On a brighter note this is the view from our back patio door.  In Newfoundland we would call the ice on the trees "Glitter"... Sure is a glittery day.  Cheers!

2 comments:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Oh Man! I have a Min Pin that likes to eat batting....blankets...towels...and thinks my tomato pin cushions are balls. I've had a few scares. The other one likes dog beds and rugs.
xx, Carol

Love Of Quilts said...

I would wonder if she was liking some kind of vitamins or minerals in her
diet. Well that would be my first thought if it was a human. Good you got your batting.