Saturday, February 15, 2020

got another one done!

When I got my mid arm and new machine, I read the instructions carefully then promptly forgot every thing I read...typical. Since I am a "hands on" type of learner I have to admit that I should have read the instructions a second time...maybe then my mistakes wouldn't have been so numerous. However, I did re-learn when working on this quilt. I tried some custom work.....always can use the practise...and as a result learned a little more about how much to roll up to align your needle where you actually want it to sit. Plus I realized if I have no patience then I should walk away and try again either later or the next day. That is probably the best lesson yet!

I also learned a lot about stop and go quilting...there are a lot of snippets to cut off after. But...that is ok, I am getting happier about my FMQ....my curves are getting better and I am paying attention to where I want to quilt next and how to get there. Regardless, I now have another quilt for the chemo project at our local hospital. Another win-win!  Tigger , the nut bar approves.