Tuesday, October 22, 2019

Fractured One

Last year or maybe it was two years ago, part of the quilt guild  program included a fractured panel technique and I had determined I would like to give it a go.  DH and I were travelling to Ottawa that spring and I thought that I could find a panel there....well, I didn't find one , however, DD # 1 had a panel with all the co-ordinating fabrics that went with it. She determined that she wouldn't be doing one after all, so she gave me all the fabrics she had purchased to make a top...THIS is not it.   I found this panel at a quilt show ....no co-ordinating fabrics but decided to buy the panel anyway.....thinking in my foolishness that I would find matching fabrics in my stash...ha!  No such luck. So the panel got put aside in a container (with the other panel and fabric) to be done later.  This past week I was in Port Elgin at Spruce it up and found four of the six fabrics needed to make this...I was sooo tickled...especially when I had another look at my stash and found two more that worked. So I spent the last couple of days diligently cutting and  sewing and, voila,  here is my fractured panel.

Now I have to find backing AND I have to decide how it is going to be quilted...that in itself will probably drive me crazy since I haven't a clue how to .....machine remember...quilt this one.

 It was a little intimidating at first because everything in the instructions included the numbers and names of the actual required fabric....once I made the decision as to what fabrics went where it all came together (except for that one piece of fabric I cut out too short and had to improvise).  I dare you to find it...lol!

On a side note I do intend to do another fractured panel with the one DD gave me.......probably another design, much different from this one.......

No comments: