Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Another decision!

 You have , no doubt, read my love for Sindy Rodenmeyer's patterns (Fat Cat Patterns if you are interested)...this is another of her designs...offered for free starting February of this year...she has another starting soon...

Anyway, I really liked this one so I puttered away and finished this portion tonight.  There is supposed to be another border...a darker blue ...it's nice and I like it but I really prefer to make quilts that will fit a bed and this one does not. Soooo.....I have to decide whether I am going to make this a lap type quilt or buckle down and add wider borders and some more applique and make it a bed size quilt...I could do that since I have a quilt in the frame I am hand quilting now and it will take me a while to get done. Trouble is, I am not sure what I want to put in another border...I'm thinking ...holly and lights like the ones around the Ho Ho square...not all the way around...maybe  two opposite corners and leave some space for some fancy quilting...which I love to do....any suggestions?


On another note, this is what we saw out our patio window yesterday....a momma and DH thinks ...last year's fawn.  Whatever , they had a great feed.....

No comments: