Tuesday, October 23, 2018

A UFO on its way!

When we were planning our trip to Newfoundland this summer, I thought there might be evenings that I would have time and the inclination to work on something quilty. So I took out the book Called Warm Winter Wishes that I had bought specically for that purpose and chose fabrics for each of the squares and organized them in individual baggies . I put them in a container with the thread and all the accoutrements needed.  Turns out I was too tired each evening to bother
                                                                                                        doing any sewing or applique
and actually did none of it.

Once we got home and things settled down I took the patterns out and started working on them.  Two things ......I did not provide fabric for ALL the pieces of the pattern and would have been royally p.o'd if I had tried to work on them.  Secondly, some of the fabric was decidedly too Christmasy and this really is not a Christmas quilt as much as it is a winter quilt.....I would not have been
happy with the result if I had worked on it then.

Now it is winter  with a little Christmas thrown in. The other thing that I could have put a little more thought into is the fabric used for the borders...the dark green . Perhaps I should have mixed that up a little.  There is another border that goes on...I'm thinking of adding some more red to it...there are cornerstones with stars in them...that should work...anyway, it is hand appliqued and will finish at  88 by 100...big enough to be a winter quilt on our bed. It goes into the frame to be quilted  ( by hand) probably next week...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

All of your work is amazing. Wish I was your daughter.
Sending hugs to both of you.
Janet Whittier

junepaulette said...

That’s so Beautiful and I’m sure will be cozy warm for the coming winter😁
I love your projects.