Thursday, April 27, 2017

What a great Week!

What a great time I had at the Villa...good food, great conversations with good friends and lots of activity.  Here's the first project I have to show. It is my Row by Row from 2016...Home Sweet Home.  I have rows from Alberta, Ontario , Nova Scotia and, of course, New Brunswick.  I really enjoyed putting this one together as I had lots of input in what to put where.  I had two rows that just did not look right so I am putting them on the backing along with a label I will make to suit the project.   I love this row by row experience...not only do you get to day trip you get some fun projects to put together in a wall hanging, a lap quilt or a bed size quilt... what's not to love?
This is project number two...it is, as you no doubt guessed, not finished.. it is called House on Bleeker street and the pattern calls for the Bleeker fabric line but I am not a pastel person , so jewel tones it is.  It was another challenge....a gadzillion half square triangles later it is now ready for a small dark border, maybe 1 inch and then a larger border for some interesting quilting...muslin , of course....it is another quilt that I will enjoy hand quilting because I have choices in the patterns I will use to quilt...same as the row by row...can't wait.
I picked up this beauty on our shopping day ...one must always have a shopping trip when visiting the Villa...not sure why, just do.  Anyway GPS is a wonderful thing. It helped me find my roundabout way to Mario's framing...a wonderful place to have anything framed. They do excellent work ...DD # 2 did the 18 count cross stitch for her momma and I promised her I would have it  framed so Voila! She does amazing work ...only thing is she did not sign it so I am putting her name on the back for future reference.

I have two other projects I worked on in between fabulous meals at the Villa...my alphabet quilt. I miscalculated the number of scrappy strips I needed to make the sashing and cornerstones so I will do the finish up later.  AND I am working on a miniature easy Baltimore ....six inch squares to get warmed up for an even smaller one ..four inch squares that I am thinking of doing. One always needs a challenge...right?

No comments: