Friday, November 26, 2010

I love this magazine

I bought this magazine  when it came out on the stands mainly because it had Fons & Porter's name on it. So far, I have made three of the patterns I found in it and will probably make a fourth one(after Christmas). It was worth every penny that I paid for it.   I made two table toppers and the next project will be another table topper. The one on the right hand bottom...neat , eh??






This is the third project from that magazine...waiting to have the binding sewn down. It's a cute little wall hanging...12 inches square so it doesn't take up a lot of room and will go just about anywhere. I love red work so it was a pleasure to do.


The picture to the left here is out my patio window. It shows something you don't see too often. Fog rolling in and , although you can't tell , it is also snowing.  Weird weather these days.

 This is my sewing room/studio/quilting room and basement today.  DH is installing a suspended ceiling and moving some lights with the intention of adding more lighting for me....what a guy!! However, he can install lights and move them but they have to be connected to a separate circuit and that involves a licensed electrician. Do you have any idea how hard it is to get an electrician this time of year. Everybody is after them. So, here I work, in the dark.  DH says I shouldn't have any problem since I've been "in the dark" all my life...nice guy, hunh???
My house smells so nice right now. I put this batch of bread in the oven and the aroma is wonderful....wanna come over for a cup of tea, some lassie cody and warm bread fresh from the oven? (in case you are wondering, "lassie cody" is a Newfy speciality...basically warm molasses)

6 comments:

Barb said...

Oh my....I saw your bread and my stomach started growling....I will be right over!!!

I will have to check out that magazine when I get back.

Linda H said...

Oh I Looovvvve fresh warm bread out of the oven with m'lasses. Oh you're making me lonesome for my Mommy.. she made bread every week.

Linda H said...

I have that magazine too- I plan to do the little table center with the holly leaves... Another thing on my To Do list...

Rachaeldaisy said...

I'd love to try some Lassie Cody!! That weather looks pretty cold. It's sunny summery day here in Australia. Hope your sewing room is sorted out soon.

Peggy said...

That looks like a great magazine - will have to look for that one! Your sewing room will be great with all the new lighting, what an eye-saver. The bread looks fabulous - my last batch didn't rise at all (tried a new recipe - won't do that again LOL) Blessings, Peg

Lee Prairie Designs said...

Oh my yummmmmmmmmmmmmm! That bread looks wonderful nothing better than the warm bread and a little butter and lot's of molasses!

Thanks for sharing :)

Carolyn