Monday, July 30, 2018

Summer's season

Remember this....DH wanted to fill in a wet spot and put together  this raised bed.  It was soggy and difficult to walk around in it despite the addition of soil and plants.

 NOw....after a few weeks of rain and some sun this is what it looks like.  I can walk around in it and the soil is firm....good thing since it has been overrun with weeds.  I started cleaning some out but I need to spend more than just a few minutes each day to really clean out the weeds.  The flowers obviously love it there and it you enlarge the picture you can see the giant tomato plants growing next to the bushes we planted.  They definitely love it there.
Couldn't resist a close up of these double lilies.  One of our neighbours was cleaning out a bed and thought we should have some  I am so glad since I just love them. Wish they lasted longer than a day though.

2 comments:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Gee, we have been having WAY too much rain at one time...then days without and the ground gets so dry. I have never seen anything like it before. I work about an hour and a half a day on the sunny days pulling weeds that overpower us on the rainy days. I am working hard to make the landscaped area around our fish pond maintenance free. It's getting to be too much to keep up as we grow older. But don't you just love to be outside and enjoy all of your hard work.
xx, Carol

Linda H said...

Looks lovely Gail!