Monday, February 29, 2016

A little decluttering helps..


I am practical , if not frugal..  This fabric was left over from a travel bag I made ages ago and it was just sitting there waiting to be used for something.  This little bag is from a pattern called ":Open Wide".  It is the small version..medium is next and I guess you could call it my prototype...any mistakes made on this one could be corrected on the next one.
This is the right side...it has the contrasting stripe on the front .  I think maybe this is my "mistake" since the zipper should be pulled right to left  not left to right.....unless you are a lefty so maybe it's not a mistake after all....teehee!









this next picture is of  'lunch'....I wanted to make these pancake muffins since seeing them on pinterest...the ones there were a little browner but they looked basically the same.  there was no baking powder in the recipe so I was a little concerned about how they would rise...wasted effort..look at the buggers!  I halved the recipe since it is only DH and me .  Could have used the whole recipe since we both liked them and he was hungry for more...he's a big guy.  They are more dense than regular pancakes and I think they would be wonderful with added fruit...they certainly tasted great with real maple syrup.  If you are interested in the recipe here it is:

6 eggs
1 cup flour
1 cup milk
1 Tbsp sugar
1/4 tsp salt
Butter

375 degree oven preheated.  place a pat of butter in the bottom of  each muffin well ( I used  a small  muffin pan today but will use the large one next time) melt the butter  in your heated  oven then pour your mixture evenly into each well.
10 to 15 minutes is what the recipe called for but I cooked these 20 minutes and they were wonderful.  Enjoy!

No comments: