Saturday, May 1, 2010

A Little Late..but What the Hey!

This is Esther the Easter Chicken...a fun applique project I've been playing around with for a while. The basket is paper pieced and those of you that know me know how much I avoid paper piecing. I kept putting it off and before you know it, Easter was past. In my defence I was a little busy before and during the Easter weekend with my little pal Skeeter who is no longer with us.

I have yet to put borders on and haven't decided the colour...the pattern shows a nice green..kind of flowery. I am leaning towards a blue and then I thought a tan or brown tone...we shall see. Anyway, she will be a table runner for next Easter unless someone decides it would suit their table more...then I can make something else.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Joanne said...

very cute!
I try to avoid paper piecing too!! ♥

Love Of Quilts said...

I like Ester she will make someone a very pretty table runner.Trish

Cynthia L. said...

This is so cute. I would love to have one of these for Easter. Perhaps if I started now, I could get it done by Easter!! Where did you get the pattern?

GailM. said...

I love the colors and this is so cute. I'm on a table runner kick. I have 3 to machine quilt whhich I'll probably do this week. I'm anxious to your show in September. It might be a great day trip for the Friday Girls group I belong to.

Heather said...

This is soooo cute! Funny how we avoid what we believe to be a challenge and then when it's over we say "whew, wasn't so bad".... lovely job! I think a red border would be lovely!