On the 9th of July I put this quilt in the frame and set the goal of having it quilted before the end of the month. Since it was all straight stitching except for the border it wasn't a big challenge. A couple of hours a day and voila, it is finished. I bound it tonight.
Here it is with the scrappy binding I put on it. I used up all the ends from bindings for other quilts....waste not want not...right?
A lovely lady that visited out guild last year told us how to fold and store quilts so that they would not have permanent creases in them. Here's how!
Most of my quilts are square so it isn't a big deal to fold the corners to the centre...much like making an envelope.
Here are the four corners meeting in the centre (or close to it) .....this puts the bias on the outside edges. I then folded two sides to the centre......
as it shows here.
Then another fold lengthwise to the centre again. This still uses the bias in your folds and prevents permanent folds and creases. I have started going through my quilts....am on week number three using a different quilt on our bed. When I take the quilt off to put it away again, I make sure I use this method to fold...you just never know when I will be getting around to using the quilt again. Eventually I will have all my quilts folded like this...I will let you know when that happens and what the final tally will be. To tell you the truth I am not sure just how many quilts I have stashed away in this house. Sad, isn't it!