This is the hand work that I took to the Villa Madonna last week. It's a good thing I did since I miscalculated the amount of fabric I needed for my alphabet quilt and ended up with time and no machine project to finish. These squares are six inches finished and a bit of a challenge for me ...trying to perfect my curves and some points needed work too.(can't really tell here, but I took out the yellow tulips and changed the shade of yellow to a lighter one...this shade was too glaringly bold )
I decided to put sashing between the squares so I used the left over fabric from the row by row. It's one of those colours that just calls your name...the one you bring on home and then wonder what in heck you're going to do with it.
Then nothing would do but I had to put swags on a border. Thank heavens for EQ7...it was a cinch to have the templates sized properly for the border....finished this will be 24 inches by 24 inches...a nice wall hanging...but where to put it, I just don't know.
I'm behind on the 150 Canadian women squares. Got six to do before Tuesday next week...since I am off to two quilt shows tomorrow , looks like the weekend will be a sewing time.
Timeless Treasures put out a pattern for a tote bag using their official row by row fabric and since I had bought some a couple of years ago it only seemed appropriate that I get off my duff and make one. Pattern is simple and easy to do...just time consuming. I like the finished product but if I had my time back I would have used a black lining for the outside pocket so the edging would be dark and maybe stand out more.
I used up some of the stash that I am not sure what I want to do with for lining. I seem to have a lot of that type of material.
As a side note, a couple of days ago Tigger ran into the cutting table that DH had raised for me and knocked the whole thing over...made an almighty bang....material went every where and now I have no excuse , I HAVE to tidy up my fabric. Woe is me!