Friday, March 17, 2017

Saint Paddy's Day 2017

What a gorgeous sunset this was...the day before the big storm we got on  Tuesday night and throughout Wednesday.  The picture does not do it justice...the colours were breath taking.
 I've been plugging away , trying to get my row by row for 2016 ready to be put together in a project for the Villa Madonna in April.  This is the eighth row I've prepared.  Some of them are so simple and others are a pain in the patoot.  I wish I could talk to every designer out there and remind them that there are quilters that actually hate to use steam a seam or heat and bond....and I am one of them.  I made a promise to myself last year that I would never do another quilt using those products....anyway, this one is all back basted applique...it is from a store in Alberta...not surprising with the mountains and I believe that is supposed to be an elk at the bottom , not a deer.
I've also got three more of the 150 Canadian Women quilt along.  I am trying to fill in some of the larger squares with scenes of all parts of the country. I am really enjoying the process...not sure how happy I will be with the finished project.  It will probably be the ONLY red and white quilt I will ever do for myself.

1 comment:

Barb said...

I like that puddling away...I think I do that all of the time.