This past Monday night one of the "Ladies of the Evening" brought in her Cathedral Window to show us. She's been working on it for a number of years and decided it was time to show us. Isn't it gorgeous!
Well, it got me inspired to get my rear in gear. I've had the background fabric for months now and just put it aside while I decided just how big I wanted to make my 'windows'. I finally decided on making them 2 inches which meant that I had to cut my squares at 8.5 inches. I've cut them in batches of four to fit each square and here are two of them ready.
They finish up at 7.5 square which means that I need around 144 of these squares. When I calculated the amount of background I needed I realized that I am a bit short...Off to the fabric shop today to make sure I can get some more of the background that I need. I forgot just how much fabric is needed to make a Cathedral Window. If I cannot match the background I may have to consider a much smaller quilt......gadzooks!!!