Sunday, May 3, 2015

I do love a challenge

 A long time ago I saw this done in a wallhanging and was intrigued by it.  Naturally , I did not trust my sewing skills by machine to tackle this level of sewing.  Now that I have determined I actually DO like to hand sew I thought it was time to try this.  I Thought about it for a few days...thinking I would have to either search for a template already drawn up...I'm a packrat when it comes to templates....or I would have to draft another one.  While searching around my "studio"  I found a ruler that has all kinds of cutting patterns including a 2 inch diamond which is exactly what this needed.  So away I went...gathered up as many fabrics as I could find to make it really scrappy......found a basket full of 2.5 inch strips and spent most of the afternoon cutting out diamonds...whoopee!!

Not sure how big this quilt top will be since I plan on just plugging away at it..should be interesting. I'll post it as it gets pieced together....in between that project, .   I have a quilt in the frame, one waiting and two in the process not including this one . I think I am a glutton for punishment.

2 comments:

Sue said...

Not a glutton, just a QUILTER!!!

Sandra White said...

That is so cute. I like it. Great idea.