Thursday, March 12, 2015

Busy Day Project

 I started this project a few days ago by cutting out the pieces and labeling everything. Then I tried to get zippers to match but that was nigh to impossible...we live in a small town and the variety is limited, so I decided to go contrast and funky...works for me.  Anyway, it got a little frustrating to say the least. If you enlarge the picture you can see where my Pfaff really does not like thick sewing pieces (crooked seams).....on second thought don't enlarge...you'll see all the dog hair laying on the sewing machine...oh , shelties, I do love you but damn you shed a lot.
Here's the bag opened. I made the little bowl for the wonder clips too,  so now I have to go a quilt shop and buy some wonder clips....that's one of those things I have been thinking about doing for some time..  Making this bag convinced me that would be a good thing.
 The bag ...now that I have made it, wasn't completely a 'tear your hair out' project but definitely not for the timid.  The instructions were a little convoluted....took me a while and lots of reading (unsewing and reading again) to get it straight in my head.  Definitely a project that requires someone that has done it before to help you along.  That being said , I just may make another...I am a glutton for punishment.

2 comments:

Love Of Quilts said...

Well I know if you had trouble making the bag I need not try...I wouldn't it done right, been to long since I really did any sewing besides a quilt seam. I would love to see you visit sometimes I don't remember you ever visiting me.

GailM. said...

I love all your colors. I made one too last month. It was my prototype. I bought nice fabric for my good one. I agree. The pattern was a bit hard to follow.